SAP SuccessFactors has some exciting new features for your Employee Central. They can be found in detail here (S-User ID required). Filter on Solutions for Employee Central to review all of the latest changes. Under the Description for each, you can click on ‘See More’ to see screenshots and detailed information.
Highlighting some of the interesting points on the new features and the Enhancements released in H2 2020 Employee Central.
Lets drill down based on the configurational type Universal, Admin opt-in and Admin opt-out.
New Features added with the configuration Type: Universal
- Using any mobile browser, Enrolments and claim employee benefits can be done.
- Using changeWfRequestApprover, you can change the approver of a workflow step through API, apart from the Manage Workflow Requests tool.
- The duration to pull the data from the Employee Central CompoundEmployee API fields last_modified_on or snapshot_date is limited to a maximum of 3 months.
- Moving all the hire-related permission settings into one category “Manage Hires” is more efficient while granting access to HR admins and managers.
- Delete assignments/ Edit dates within a temporary work schedule assignment is now available with regular work schedule pattern.
- To trigger the workflow, new business scenario: Trigger Workflows option is available under the Employee Central Core category on the Configure Business Rules page.
- New Day View includes cross-midnight absences and planned working times for Team Absence Calendar. Employees/ managers can view absences and planned working times.
New Features added with the configuration Type: Admin Opt-in
- Qualtrics surveys with Benefits to get feedback from your employees when they add a benefit during a cart-based enrollment action, such as for New Hires, Rehires, or the Company Open Enrollment process.
- Simplified process for sending a survey in an email.
- Intelligent Services events to send employee information to Qualtrics, so that you can send a Qualtrics survey via email to them when they are assigned to concurrent employment.
- Intelligent Services events to send employee information to Qualtrics, so that you can send a Qualtrics survey via email to them when their manager changes.
- Intelligent Services events to send employee information to Qualtrics, so that you can send a Qualtrics survey via email to them to find out why they’re leaving the organization.
- Customized Configuration of New Hire:
You can create templates where you specify only the blocks needed for the type of employment you are hiring for, meaning that you can add, remove, and rearrange the order of the blocks as well as add standard and custom MDF objects to the configuration.
- New Job option ‘ Create or Update Benefit Enrollments for Employee Master Data Changes’ is available to process the records of the employees who have changes in their master data. Existing ‘Benefits Auto Enrollment Job’ processes runs for all the employees even when there are no changes as per the eligibility rule.
Rules must be configured for the master data objects maintained in the benefit eligibility.
- Create Benefit Tracker for Employment Info Changes ()
- Create Benefit Tracker for Employment Info Changes with Effective Date ()
- Create Benefit Tracker for Personal Info Changes ()
- Create Benefit Tracker for Personal Info Changes with Effective Date ()
- Custom data block ” Live Profile User Information” can be added to your People Profile to display and manage additional information about contingent workers. Not required to import data using Employee Central Imports or OData APIs to modify information that’s not available on the contingent worker’s profile.
- Address Validation: Added validation mapping for all address fields for Brazil and Belgium. Legal entities in Brazil and Belgium are required to store the addresses of employees and their dependents in a way that is legally compliant.
- Local Version of Ghana and Suriname includes National ID, Personal Document Types, Personal Information, Job Information, Disability Information, Dependents Information, Home Address and Corporate Address.
- Added a new option to allow the data replication when employees are flagged for a payroll correction run (Matchcode W).
- Now, configure the Internal Job History block in the People Profile as a read-only to view a summarized version of an employee’s job history at the company. Based on the rule scenario configured, job history for an employee will be displayed and only visible to the HR Admin.
- Accruals Transfer date can be adjusted automatically in the following scenarios:
- Unauthorized leave
- Leave without pay
New Features added with the configuration Type: Admin Opt-Out
Work Permit Importing on Centralized Services – Now validation is based on the business keys to ensure their uniqueness, adopt the Full Purge mode, and import data based on user ID, instead of person ID. The shift from the legacy approach to this new one to importing work permits improves data quality and reduces maintenance costs.
Enhancements in H2 2020 Release:
- Filter option has been enhanced on the OData Entities: Custom string fields’ custom-string1, custom-string2, and custom-string3 can be included in the filter while querying the Employee Central OData APIs PerPerson and EmpEmployment.
- Integration of Position Management with SAP Fieldglass: No manual effort of creating and attaching a business rule to map fields. When you create an Fieldglass requisition from position organization chart, the entire position object is now passed to SAP Fieldglass.
- Enhancements to the Deduction Start Date: Options in the Deduction Start Date field is changed across benefit types. The options available for the Deduction Start Date field are
- As of Enrollment Effective Date
- Always Next Pay Period
- Next Pay Period Based on Pay Check Issue Date.
- Event Reason drop down field is introduced while Hiring or Rehiring Contingent Workers.
- ‘onChange Rules’ can be executed across blocks when an employee is transferred within your organization using the Manage Pending Hires tool. You can also trigger changes based on rules set for fields across blocks. For example, when there’s a transfer leading to a change in the company code, the pay group is changed based on ‘onChange’ rules in your instance.
- Scheduled job belonging to Off Cycle Event Batch and Employee Data Imports are cancelled if there are at least 100 failures reported within a span of 90 days.
- The rules ‘check_Bank_Uniqueness, validateMainPaymentMethod_PaymentInfo and proposeIBAN_PaymentInfoDetails’ are being removed from the pre-delivered content for Payment Information.
- To have more accurate address data for customers in Thailand, new fields are added and existing fields are modified.
- Administrators can configure a rule function to split advance leave payment across fiscal years.
- NAF Office Number Home Address information is removed due to a requirement change in Norway. Removed the <Region> field from the Home and Corporate Address content because this is not required in address content for Norway.
See this great article for useful information on how to prepare for a SAP SuccessFactors Regular Release.
Also, check out this interesting article about the Job Profile Builder.