Starting in 2020, SAP changed the release schedule to every 6 months. All of the latest enhancements can be found here (S-User ID required). Scroll down to the What’s New Viewer to review the changes.
Filter on Solutions for Compensation, Variable Pay, and Reward and Recognition to review all the latest changes. Under Description, you can click on ‘See More’ to see screenshots and detailed information.
After reviewing all the changes, we narrowed the list down to the Highlights for H1 2020 Compensation & Variable Pay & Reward and Recognition:
1. Import and Export non-EC Eligibility Rules
- Administrators now have the ability to Export and Import Eligibility rules
- Admins can export the rules as a .csv file and then import the file as needed into other templates
- This process will save time and improve accuracy during configuration
2. Enhanced Display Criteria for Bulk Download Icon
- Users can now view the icon for bulk download only if a statement was generated for an employee from the recently filtered list of Executive Review
- Previously, the icon was displayed even if statements weren’t generated from the filtered list which caused confusion
- Enable the Display Bulk Print Statement Icon on Executive Review Page option
3. View a List of Employees Excluded from Statement Download
- Using log files, users can now identify employees who are excluded during the bulk download process from Executive Review
- Log file will show a list containing the username and user ID of all excluded employees
4. Publish by User for Variable Pay and Total Compensation Plan Templates
- Administrators can now publish specific employees or groups of employees to Employee Central in Variable Pay and Total Compensation Plan templates
- Prior to this release, this feature was only available for compensation templates
5. Use Bonus Payout Summary Reports Offline
- Users can now modify editable fields in the exported file while offline from Executive Review. The modified exported file can then be reimported to update the fields with new changes.
- Permissions must be set to allow for edit and export access to Executive Review
- Enable the setting for Offline Edit Access for variable pay worksheets
6. Expanded Pay Range Matching for Promoted Employees
- Users can now define a new finalAttribute field that the system uses when calculating the final pay range.
- This will avoid the issue of miscalculated post-promotion pay ranges in EC-enabled compensation templates caused when the system continues to incorrectly use pre-promotion classification and pay grade information
- In previous versions, the system incorrectly calculated pay range on the basis of pre-promotion information
7. Hierarchy and Date Validations for Check Tool
- Check Tool now has two new validations:
- Review the Manager ID of each head of hierarchy in the compensation plan
- Ensure that all date fields within UDF are formatted correctly
8. Default Currency View in Compensation, Variable Pay, and Total Compensation Plans
- Users can now set the currency that the system uses as default when compensation, variable pay, and total compensation plans are launched.
- In previous versions, this was handled in the XML
9. Expanded Flexibility in Total Compensation Plans
- While creating total compensation plans by copying existing templates, users now have the option to create a plan by selecting an existing Compensation template without also selecting a Variable Pay plan template.
- This is useful as not all customers are using variable pay
10. Delete Awards
- Users can now delete awards, irrespective of their status using the award IDs.
- Awards that are no longer used can be permanently deleted from the system
See this great article for useful information on how to prepare for a SAP SuccessFactors Regular Release.
Do you need help implementing or supporting your SAP SuccessFactors Compensation or Variable Pay system? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, download our support services brochure, or visit https://www.worklogix.com/implementation.html for additional information.