If you are a SuccessFactors customer (or soon to be one), here are our top five healthy behaviors to maximize the use of your SAP SuccessFactors system:
- Use the community site, which is located here: SuccessFactors Community Site You’ll need an S-User ID to log in (If you don’t have an S-User ID, you’ll want to contact your SAP and/or SuccessFactors administrator at your company). You’ll want to make yourself comfortable with this site, especially the sites available under “Quick Links” on the lower left of the screen. From here, you can create a support ticket, review product documentation, and participate in SAP’s customer influence program where you can create and vote on ideas for future product enhancements.
- Work in partnership with your SAP team. SAP assigns an AE (Account Executive), a CEE (Customer Engagement Executive), and a CSM (Customer Success Manager) to each customer. Some customers have additional resources depending on their support level. It’s important to establish the right relationship with these folks as they are your main communication back to SAP.
- Find the right implementation partner. Most partners are not good at all things. You may want to search for partners here (Partner Certification Search, which is part of the Community Site above, rather than the Partner Finder on the SAP site. For example, Worklogix is a Recognized Expertise Partner in Onboarding/Recruiting as well as Talent Solutions (Performance/Goals, Compensation, Succession/Development), but we are not yet listed on that site.
- Be realistic with software expectations. No software will be everything to everyone. Not SuccessFactors, not Workday, and not the point solutions that some business folks are scheming to buy.
- Don’t forget the training. Yes, these cloud solutions are (in general) more intuitive to use, but don’t underestimate the need for training. Visit the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Global Training site in the Community site, under Resources. All too often, we see failed rollouts (or deployments that need to be reset) due to lack of training with the tool. Like all software, it’s got its quirky parts.
Worklogix partners with clients to plan, configure, develop and integrate HR products and custom applications. We have assembled a global team with years of experience implementing HCM solutions. Our team is dedicated to understanding your business challenges, helping you leverage your technology and implement solutions that deliver results.