SAP has announced the latest updates and changes for SuccessFactors for the second half of 2022.
Preview release was on October 28 and production will be released December 9th. You can view the full set of documentation in the What’s New Viewer here. For full details on the release cycle, check out the SAP SuccessFactors official product updates blog.
For tips on how to manage a release, check out our blog here.
Let’s quickly take a glance on what’s there on 2H 2022 Employee Central.
Configuration Type: Universal
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) validation.
Watch over on “Full-Time Equivalent (FTE)” validation because system is not going to perform a Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) validation check for positions that have more than 1000 target FTEs for the below scenarios.
- Save Job Information through Centralized services, either through import or on the Job Information history.
- Save a position target FTE with a value greater than 1000.
Employee Central API Permissions are no longer required!
Employee central entities “EmpEmployment and EmpJob” Permissions are only required to access the Employee Central Service Center.
Below Permissions settings will help to view a tickets in Ask HR.
- User > Employee Central Effective Dated Entities > Job Information
- Select permission View for items Job Information Actions and Company.
- User > Employee Data >Employment Details
- Select permission View for item Employment Details MSS.
Enhancement in Time Sheet UI required custom fields
Restrictions in creating required custom fields on the EmployeeTimeSheet and TimeSheetValuationResults objects
Required custom fields on the EmployeeTimeSheetEntry and Allowance objects are restricted to the below primitive data types:
End of Development Time
- Benefits Auto Enrollment Job – End of development on May 20, 2022 and will be deleted on May 19, 2023.
- Old time sheet – Maintenance end on December 9, 2022 and will be deleted on May 19, 2023.
- Savings Plan related fields – End of Development on December 9, 2022 and will be removed on May 19, 2023.
- HTTP Basic authentication with SAP Cloud for Customer – End of Development on May 20, 2022 and will be Deleted on Nov 17, 2023.
Employee Central Payroll endpoint URL subscriptions
New Event Subscription Management tool supports the following events
- Employee Hire
- Employee Rehire
- Employee Termination
- Payroll Data Maintenance Task Configuration Change
New subscriptions can no longer be created; Existing subscriptions related to Employee Central Payroll will be automatically migrated to Event Subscription Management.
Configuration Type: Admin Opt-out
Centralized Support on the UI action save.
Yeah!!! Now, Centralized Support has extended their hands on saving the following action on UI, based on role-based permission.
Admin Center > Company System and Logo Settings >
- History UI of Compensation Information and Recurring Pay Components
- Global Assignments
- Employment Details
- Contact Information
- Employment Details for a Higher Duty or Temporary Assignment
By default, Saving changes on UI and data imports for Emergency Contacts are enabled. No role based permission required.
Centralized Services Support through MSS.
Using role-based permission, centralized services now support making changes to an employee’s records when changes are made in the Manager Self-Service (MSS).
- Change Job and Compensation Info
- Company System and Logo Settings > Enable Centralized Services to Save Changes on the Manager Self-Service UI for Change Job and Compensation Info.
- Termination Information
- Company System and Logo Settings > Enable Centralized Services to Save Changes on the Manager Self-Service UI for Termination Details.
New Key Property in OData API EmpWorkPermit.
In order to maintain multiple work permit of employee with same document details, the new composite business key ‘issueDate‘ has been introduced.
Whenever the employee work permits is renewed, we can create a new record without touching the old one.
Configuration Type: Admin Opt-in
- We can validate employee’s and their dependents addresses using SAP DQM Microservices that is hosted on SAP BTP (SAP Cloud Platform) which requires X.509 Certificate authentication, that the customers would manually adopt.
- The DQM Microservices in SAP BTP account must be configured on Cloud Foundry and download the X.509 Certificate.
- The downloaded X.509 Certificate needs to be uploaded in .pem format in the Security Center.
- Set up the OAuth Configuration in the Security Center against the OAuth Configuration tile.
- Configure the Destination Settings in the Security Center.
- WBS Element can be used as a standard field without having to maintain the WBS Element as a custom field. Using WBS Element as a standard field, you can replicate the complete WBS Element information from SAP S/4HANA to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central. You can also migrate WBS Element from a custom field to the standard field.
- Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles > Industry Features > Download Employee Cost Assignment Migration Data
- New token ‘TIME_OFF_STATUS’ is available for e-mail notifications on Time Off, which helps to differentiate the email notification by the status of the absence.
We have now covered the highlights of the Employee Central related updates for 2H 2022.
Do you need help managing your SuccessFactors Release cycles? Download our support services brochure or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help.